Help Us Create Beautiful Gardens throughout Dunbar Village
You may have noticed already that in some areas of Dunbar Village the sidewalk has been removed around the trees. We plan to make Dunbar Village more beautiful by planting gardens of herbs, perennials, berries and perhaps some annuals in these new garden plots. We are asking for the community’s help to design these gardens.
Here’s What to Expect:
- Let us know if you would like to design a garden by emailing us or by leaving a voicemail at 604-635-1836. We’ll assign you a plot on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Using our list of suitable plants, start sketching out your garden design. Submit your design to us by email, fax, or mail.
- Once our Dig Dunbar Project Coordinator has had a chance to review your design, we’ll make arrangements using volunteers from the community to do the planting.
- The Dunbar Village Business Association will purchase the plants (through the generosity of KJM Country Gardens) and will also provide watering throughout the summer.
- Volunteer garden designers and planters will be acknowledged for their contribution to the Dunbar Village streetscape with signage at the plots.
- Planting days will be scheduled in sections throughout the summer and will continue throughout the years as we make more planting areas available.
- Twice a year the planting areas will be cleaned up or have plants added.
- Once a garden plot has been assigned, designers have 7 days to submit their plan. If no plans are received within that time, then the plots will be assigned to another designer.